Sunday 25 August 2013

Beauty Review #3 Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation with SPF 15 in Porcelain

The next foundation I'm going to review for you is the Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation with SPF 15 in the shade Porcelain. I purchased this product because my previous daytime foundation was too dark even though I bought it in the lightest shade. I purchased this foundation in porcelain because my skin is pure white and thankfully it matched my skin tone exactly, I couldn't believe it!
I have always been a fan of mineral foundation as it is so much better for my skin and rarely breaks me out in. It is made from natural ingredients so it gave me that piece of mind that its not damaging my skin. I have been using it for months now and it is defiantly my top pick for daytime and causal use such as for University or work. It has never broke me out ever and being a teen with oily skin, when I do get the odd spot the loose powder of this foundation gives good build-able coverage. Now the coverage of the foundation isn't full, you do have to build it a little to get the desired full coverage. When I apply it you can still see my freckles but that doesn't bother me too much. It has SPF 15 so that's always a bonus and it has the capability to keep excess oil at bay.

I'm wearing it the photo above and it is quite pale but if you do have pure white skin and don't like applying foundation to your neck like me then this one is perfect for you. I use a kabuki brush to apply it in circular motions and I use a smaller brush to put it round my eyes and over blemishes.
There are some downsides to this product, like the last foundation I reviewed the packaging is impractical. A lot of the product ends up spilling over the sides and it can be hard to actually retrieve the powder from the bottom on the packaging. Also the packaging is foggy therefore you can't see how much you've left. I had a make up emergency because of this and ending up running out and having none to put on.

Also another thing about this foundation which I think is a real let down is that it is not water resistant! The amount of times part of my make up has been ruined due to getting caught in the rain or dribbling when brushing my teeth (gross right) Though this can be resolved! If you are wearing this make up and a bit of water/toothpaste gets on your face, do not rub it! This will make the powder come off and once you have rubbed it the powder does not reapply properly back over it. It looks really bad! So instead if a patch on your make up does get wet leave it and let it dry in and it will look like it never happened. Your make up will stay perfect. Trust me!

RRP 13.49

Conclusion

Pros:

  • Perfect for pale skin
  • Build-able coverage
  • SPF 15
  • Comes in a range of shades
  • Can purchase a small sample first to try it
  • Stops shine and excess oil developing
  • Doesn't cause breakouts
  • A little goes a long way
  • Minerals=Healthy!
Cons:
  • Impractical Packaging
  • Hard to tell when it's running out
  • Price may put some people off
  • Not water resisitant
Would I recommend this? YES


Thanks for reading, hope this helped, please leave a comment. I'm happy to answer any related questions.

-H

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I've always had trouble trying to find foundation that matched my pale skin. Thanks for posting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! (: This foundation solved that problem for me

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I am hearing of Lilly Lolo..the name is soo cute!
    Love your look...so pretty :)
    ..and off course..great review
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS..care to check out my blog??

    www.bluevelvetaddict.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for reading. Lily Lolo has a great range of products (:
      Of course I will check out your blog.

      -H

      Delete