Monday 26 August 2013

Beauty Review #4 Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in black

The next product I want to review for you is the current eyeliner I use which is the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in black, available in any chemist.


I've been using this product for absolutely ages and I've still got quite a bit left so a little really does go a long way. The brush that comes with it is great for creating a really defined look and it allows you get close to your lash line. However it isn't the thinnest eyeliner brush I've used so I do admit there is a bit less control when applying to create flicks as they can come out quite thick and rounded. One thing that makes this problem worse is that if you wash the brush too often as it can make the bristles spread a part. This makes it even harder to get a defined look, it just comes out way thick. Other than that it is a great eye liner, the product itself has a great consistency so it comes out really bold and black, and doesn't dry up unlike the pen eyeliners. It lasts all day so you don't need to reapply it. Also I love how you can see into the packaging so you know exactly how much you have left again unlike the pen eyeliner products.




I know a lot of people would apply eyeliner by stretching their lid from the outer corner, I actually don't use that method, I just start in the middle of my upper lid and then work my way to each end. I always do it slightly thicker on the outer corner to bring it up into a flick and I don't actually go the whole way into the corner of my eye. I only apply it to my top lid as it can come out quite thick on the bottom for me. Oh and another point, don't rub it to try to fix a mistake, it smudges and like me you may have to start your eye make up over again.

RRP £7.99

Conclusion

Pros:

  • Very Black and Bold for a defined look
  • Easy to apply
  • Good Price
  • Lasts all day
  • Doesn't dry up
  • Easy to remove
  • Great packaging and brush
Cons:
  • Might not come out thin enough for some people
  • Smudges a lot if rubbed slightly

Would I recommend this? YES

Thanks for reading, I hoped it helped, please comment your thoughts and I'm happy to answer any related questions.

-H



2 comments:

  1. Nice blog :) visit my blog

    http://ariannamiduri.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Your photographs are awesome!

      -H

      Delete