Saturday 19 October 2013

The Two Furry Visitors


One autumn day a few years ago, I looked out onto my garden to see these two wee felines. They were inseparable. The picture speaks the truth, the black and white one whom I named Domino due to his handsome colours, was a real whiner while the ginger and white one just set silently. I called him O'Malley (Yes as in Thomas O'Malley) I had known O'Malley since he was a kitten as his mother (Rihanna) and fellow siblings (Scratch and Amber) where strays that lived close to my home. Rihanna stayed in the neighboured hood for a long time after her kittens had left her but unfortunately I have not seen any of the family in years including O'Malley.


Having known O'Malley for quite sometime I had come to observe that he was a very shy cat and weary of humans (Though I am pretty sure he had claimed my garden as his territory) I only got to pet him a few times while I was feeding him. He even got the courage to explore my house one day! (Shhh don't tell my parents)
However since I got my cat Belle who obviously patrols my garden now and scares every feline out of it, I have not seen O'Malley since. I hope he is okay and has found a loving home.


Domino on the other hand was very outgoing and comfortable a round humans. He let me pet him and he even set on my knee. On that day he brought out the best in O'Malley. As you can see from the first photo, O'Malley is very close to me and doesn't seem to be frightened. He followed Dominoes' every move and he seemed so much more relaxed. Unfortunately that was the only time I met Domino. I hope he is okay as well.

Have any of you got a stray cat story to tell?

Thanks for reading


2 comments:

  1. When I still lived with my parents we had a stray that eventually stayed with us as an indoor cat for over 10 years. Oh how I loved big old Moses :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stray cats have so much love to give! My wee Belle was a stray, we have had her for over 4 years now (:

      Delete